Thursday, May 10, 2007

a girlfriend of mine....

one of my many girlfriends is trying to get me motivated these days. She has started calling me up, "whatcha doing?", and proceeded to con*me into going to her g/f's house and working out with them! the first time i went...i just watched and crocheted, but i did do a little stretching. This past week, said g/f, has called me and asked if i could help her,get top soil from the city compost place. she borrowed my trailer, and i thought, YES i can help you! before i realized, we had filled the first round,and headed to her house to unload it into her yard in various places. The daycare kids had a blast helping us! we loaded sand buckets for them, and made them realy help! we even loaded the little red wagon (the old metal type) and had them "team-work" to move it, one pushes while one pulls! I for one, had a BLAST! i didnt realize till i got home, that my cheeks and nose were a little sunburned! not bad, i will survive! lol
Day two she calls again...wanna help me again? i said sure, and proceeded to load the trailer half full this time! her neighbor needed some, and i also could spread some out in my yard (not to mention Dad's yard), so a few extra shovels full, just for good measure! the trailer is at her house still, and my turn is coming, to unload the rest and place it where needed! i can hear my outside plants cheering!!!!! (shhhh i talk to them too!!!!) this evening i want to cut some lilacs, they just opened yesterday, and enjoy their beautiful smells. Darlene will get as many as i can give her...she's a TRUE lilac lover...her baby bush is white. my lilacs are the purple one, a very old bush.
So last night said g/f calls and says wanna work out with us? You will feel beter, she says.....dont let this past week of physical labor go to waste, come with....................long pause.........i went , and slept like a bump on a log last night! hubby said i was snoring very loud! i think that's my allergies to tell the truth! but anyways....i feel GREAT! and i will continue to work out...with or without them! fresh air, exercise, and good friends...what more can one's SOUL ask for?
*con....talk me into,plead with me, tell me it's for my own good! do whatever it takes, just get me to move!!! insert sigh here!


THANK GOODNESS FOR GIRLFRIENDS, LOVE YOU ALL!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh you know you like it.