Monday, July 2, 2007

the Monday after

Yesterday was my cities fourth of July parade. I haven't been to one in a few years now, my girls are old enough to go with their friends now,so i was on my own-shall we say. My g/f house is on the main street about 4 houses down from the street closing, and every year her and hubby have a cook-out! Yummy food, and plenty of drinks,alot of their friends come. Her youngest, the son, belongs to his own band now, so the tent set up was for them to play! Seems most of his friends are into music one way or the other, and they all played around a bit! kinda like a jam session, warm up thing.Horn players and singers, drummers and guitar players....the music FILLED the air! It was pleasent for the most part! lol some sours notes and a little feedback, but it's LIVE! and they are young!

As an observer, i knoticed that the younger generation do not applaude for the bands and participants in the parade. But the flag passing by does seem to make them proud, and they join in for the applaudes! It just doesn't seem like they want to show the paradees their thankfullness with applauding.

I on the other hand, applaude for all the ppl who participate, especially the young ones (it's a VERY long walk) and i think they like to hear the thank you applaudes. My youngest daughter made the parade with about 25 minutes remaining till the end. She looks over at me and says...."it's nice to know you STILL ENJOY the parade mom...i've missed you being with me!!!!" Funny how when they are little they want to go everywhere with you...teens don't want ppl to see you with them....and the young adults want to "hang-out with the cool ppl" ( when did i go from one to the other?? im not quite sure!!!) But it warms my heart to feel happy and content, surrounded by the ones i love! I am proud to be an AMERICAN!

thank you

No comments: